Adjusting LCD panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi All. I purchased a Samsung 204B 20.1" LCD and I was really enjoying it until I played a game for more then an hour. I thought it was the brightness so I turned it down, but I still feel a little dizzy and find myself squinting. I'm running at 1280x1024. I turned down the brightness and gamma and it still seems to be "hurting my eyes". I'm coming from a CRT, so was wondering if anyone knows what I might need to adjust or if this is just typical with LCDs and gaming. I tried pushing the monitor further away from me even though I sat pretty close to my CRT but that didn't seem to help. I really like the LCD and having my extra deskspace but can't handle the eye strain. Any ideas? I'm an LCD newbie!

this isnt really a technical question it just takes some getting used to. you can adjust the settings using the monitor or the video drivers themselves.

Hello,

Is there some kind of auto adjust button on your monitor?

Also, do you feel dizzy when looking at the screen, when not in the game?

And what resolution is the game's setting at?

Thanks for the reply :)

No, the display doesn't bother me when out of games, it is a bit bright but I can turn that down easily.

I don't see an auto-adjust, I'll dig out my manual and look at it. I just went through the OSD options and didn't see anything for auto-adjust.

I bought a 2nd LCD panel for my 2nd PC and it was a 19" and it auto-adjusts and looks better. Have not tried a game on that one.

The native res on this LCD is 1600x1200, and I've tried running the games in 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 and it still seems to bother me. Hate to go back to a CRT, but I don't know what else to adjust or tweak or why this would even bother me.

i think you just need to get used to it it is quite the switch and i can see how it could be a bit hard on your eyes mainly because the screen is so big its hard for your eyes to focus on everything that is going on.

hi,

i have suffered really bad dizzyness with my samsung 19 inch.

only while on games too,

even went to the docs to see if its a prob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom