Is this the perfect time to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2559

Baseband Member
Hi and thanks for your time...

Im going to build a new rig...

With the price drops in the dual core market is this the perfect time to upgrade? Of course as soon as the price drops... you dont think.. "ok i can save a bit here"... you think... "i can afford the next model up!"

Its obviously a balence between spending money and the shelf life of the components... is this the time to part with cash and get a really top end machine?

Here is my plan: (tried to make it balance ... i could stretch a little further)

4600 AM2 dual core
M2NSli Deluxe (ASUS)
Gigabyte 7600GT (Silent)
2 Gig (2x1gb) Geil 800 4.4.4.12 DDR2
Sli Power supply... (undecided)
Zalman AM2 heatsink
Western Digital 36 Gb 10,000 rpm 16Mb cach Raptor
Akasa ZEN case
AND a partrige in a pear tree.

Is it the right time, money vs shelf life wise?

I agree with you. I may want to wait till like September which is not far away to see what happens then, but I'm looking at what's happened with all the new AM2 chips and the prices and everything, and I think that this fall might be a perfect time to upgrade.

Well, Direct x 10 is comeing with vista, and vista is coming early january so the card will either be near then.

But then i read somemore and found out that at first for a while direct x 9 cards will beable to use the features that direct x 10 will have but that some time is undetermined.

I'm not really a gamer, and I've got a PCI-E video card already, so I probably would be using my current card in my new build anyway.

You need atleast a direst x 9 card to use vista so if you don't have that no vista for you. Sorry.

but could you even buy a newish PCI-E video card that's lower than directX 9? and when did this become a Vista discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom