trouble booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucha

Solid State Member
I was installing a new floppy drive & something went wrong. system hangs on first phase with just the P-4 picture on screen on bottom I have choice tab to show post or del to enter set up. Problem is tab w/not show post nor will del enter set up. I reset cmos, I repluged in everything one at a time. I held ondown the tad a power up it showes on post only processor and memory & when I held down del at power up it says set up but thats it nothing happens.I'm totally lost can anyone help me?

even once you take out the floppy ? try taking out the floppy booting into the bios and adjusting the boot order in there.

Go into the BIOS, it usually accessed by pressing Delete, Escape, or F2 when the computer first boots up. If you see a blue screen with white writing, you're in the BIOS.

When in the BIOS, look for a Boot tab and select boot from HD.

i have taken it out still dont work i also unpluged all drives and just have the motherboard and PS pulged in i get same screen. i have also pressed delete key it say entering setup but just stays on that screen and doesnt do anything else

try reseting the bios

1. On the motherboard there is a small watch battery. Remove this battery along with the power cable from the power supply. Hold down the power button to fully discharge the system. Wait 2-3 minutes then reinstall the battery and plug in your system. Your reset is now complete

2. Some motherboards have a 3 pin jumper by the battery. Lets say that the jumper is on pins 2 and 3. Remove the jumper while the machine is OFF and place onto pins 1 and 2. Power on your machine for a minute. (Note: Your system will not POST). Shutdown your machine and put the jumper back to pins 2 and 3. Your reset is now complete

reseted both of the stuff you posted but still no change. the cd and dvd roms dont open either so i cant put the windows disc in they havent been able to open i should have mention that in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom