hardware problemm?? system just hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucha

Solid State Member
I was installing a new floppy drive & something went wrong. system hangs with just the P-4 picture on screen on bottom I have choice tab to show post or del to enter set up. Problem is tab will not show post nor will del enter set up. I reset cmos, I repluged in everything one at a time. I held ondown the tad a power up it showes on post only processor and memory & when I held down del at power up it says set up but thats it nothing happens.I'm totally lost can anyone help me?

Have you done this with a minimum build? One stick RAM, processor, onboard video if present, KB and mouse.

Dan

try taking out the hard drive and the floppy drive and see if you can get into the bios that way.

Are you using a usb keyboard? if so try using a ps2 keyboard. It could be hanging on the floppy controller. Do you have the floppy plugged in correctly? If you do get into the bios then try disabling the floppy. If you see the post screen then almost always it will tell you what stopped the boot, but if you can't hit f1 to load the defaults then it won't boot.

Edit - I confused myself, I hope it makes sence to you. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom