Cheap Towers/Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatortot02

Beta member
Me and my brother are planning on building our own pc. I was wondering what a decent tower would be and how much it would cost. Should we stay away from ebay? Or do you think you could find some decent towers for cheap? We are semi new to this so just wondering. The computer is going to be pretty much 100% gaming so just seeing what you guys suggest. Thanks

You can find some good deals every now and then on eBay. Watch out for folks that want to charge .99 for a 50.00 case and then charge 65.00 shipping...what's wrong with that you might ask...well, if the product has a warranty, they will refund you the actual cost of the product (.99) but shipping (65.00) is not refunded :( .

Also Xoxide.com, directron.com and other sites run specials on cases.

Also check the buy, sell & trade forums here....you can find some great deals here as well.

okay thanks for the sites. I just was going through them and they have different power settings or whatever. Are some better than others or do you need them to match the stuff in the machine? If you're thinkin... this guy is a computer building noob... you got it haha

Some things to look for in a case.

Some come with power supplies, some don't.

The better quality cases have better power supplies.

Try to get at least a 350w ps. Anything less will be too small. The bigger the better...but, a high quality ps with a lower rating is better than a cheap one with a high rating.

I have built computers with 200.00 cases and I have built computers with 25.00 cases. The 200.00 cases are far superior to a 25.00 case, but when you get right down to it, it's still just a box to hold your stuff. So it depends on your intended use for your computer. If you are going to set it up and never move it again, any case will do. If you are carrying it to LAN parties, college, etc, then you need a quality case (such as a Cooler Master Ammo 533 case) that will take the abuse.

The size of the case is important too.

An ATX case will hold a full size ATX motherboard and more stuff.

A mATX case is smaller, requires a mATX motherboard and will hold less stuff, but takes up less room.

A new format called BTX uses a BTX motherboard and PS. (Not too common yet though.)

Other than that, the skys the limit.

PS-Check your private messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom