Updating all drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaleProof

Baseband Member
Is there a way to delete/reinstall all the drivers on my PC at once?

Where can I see the drivers that are running etc and how do I tell which ones are needed?

My computer has slowed down in the last few months and I'm really confused. When I got the machine it'd boot from the Windows startupscreen to account select and to a fully usable desktop in like 5 seconds. Lately it takes like 7 or 10 seconds just to get from the boot up screen to the account selection places. And that doesn't even count how long it takes to log onto an account and fully load up ready to use etc.

I've done virus scans with current-to-the-day definition and I'm clean. I'm running outta ideas about what to do. I think it may be a few faulty/unused/old drivers but TBH I'm so compy illiterate I honestly have no clue why. I've cleaned out the start up tray a lot and its down to the basics, still takes a while to load.

Are there any easy ways to maximize my PC performance? I'm defragging tonight.

SORRY FOR MAKING SUCH A LONG POST! HELP ME PLEASE! :)

Thanks!

Oh also...

is there a way to find my windows XP CD code in windows? I lost the CD and code.

Is there a way to basically reformat without doing so (if that makes sense... I want an equivalent thing... back to my original state, and I was stupid, didn't make a picture thingy for rollback purposes).

Wow, Placebo, you sir are my hero. Lol.

It keeps saying when I try to install SP1 (even though I have it already it keeps saying I need it on the windowsupdate website) and it says that my keycode maybe/is pirated, even though I bought it legitimately. Anyone know whats up with that and how to stop it from doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom