Post your fastest SuperPI times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoad said:
Guys, I think you are all wrong, E6400 is Allendale, E6300 IS Conroe, take a look my friend just bought an E6300, here is his CPUz :

It says Codename - Conroe........

-Jo

From Wikipedia:
untitled2my5.jpg

And there was a chart on intel.com that I can't seem to find anymore showing that the 2MB cache chips were Allendale and the 4MB were Conroe and ConroeX

dunno general, thats honestly what his CPU-Z shows.... is that just a very odd occasion? He has a conroe core in a E6300 x_X

-Jo.

Nah, check out the L2 Cache, its 2MB. And as far as I know the only difference between "Conroe" and "Allendale" is the size of the L2 Cache.

The name is just wrong, I think these chips aren't fully supported by CPU-Z yet. Even the Core Duo shows the wrong clock frequency for me.

Well I read the rules and I meet the requirements to get in the table exept the 50 posts. I kinda want to be in there because my celeron took out all the pentium 3s

Ran it non-overclocked and got 4 minutes 15 seconds... overclocked it a little bit and well... here you go... 3 minutes 31 seconds with a celeron.

piclockedat824Mhz2-1.jpg

Smoked that fastest pentium 3 by 3 seconds, ah the irony. Just don't let them overclock!!! XD

I tried this with super pi mod, with decimals, but my computer gets an error when it tries to run it. Sometimes it gets through a couple iterations, sometimes it just gets the error right off and closes, I have a screenshot if anyone is curious.

Guys, I think you are all wrong, E6400 is Allendale, E6300 IS Conroe, take a look my friend just bought an E6300, here is his CPUz :
Yes it is possible to get an E6300 or E6400 with a Conroe core, although it is literally just identical to an Allendale. It's all about production yields, some Conroe cores won't work with the full 4MB cache so they break or disable it and turn it into an Allendale. It probably just has a different transistor count

Same thing with Toledo/Manchester, it was possible to get a 4600/4200/3800 Toledo...same thing with Celerons/Semprons, a good chunk of them are probably failed Pentiums/Athlons

Exactly with the celerons, just pentium 3s that get part of the catch taken away and given a 66Mhz FSB instead of 100 or 80 something.

That's why I was able to beat those Pentium threes, when I overclocked with my celeron. It's the last post on the previous page, please view.

charles_scott said:
Why would anyone want an entry level board when there overclocking??? Few options and almost no reviews on them boards... Besides it will be cheaper overall to go AM2 than Conroe if you allready have DDR2 RAM if ya ask me... We don\\\\\\\'t really need the power of Conroe just yet, and when we do there will be something else that beats it into the ground.

And when that time comes, then we wont really need the power of that new thing that just beat the Conroe to the ground.

Its the same argument buddy.

Its also cheaper overall to go for a Sempron 64 setup. Why dont you get that.

It was also cheaper overall to not get a Opteron 165. Why did so many people all over the world get that.

charles_scott said:
I will agree that Intel has stomped AMD on this note, but we need games that can push these chips to there max to see who can handle the most in games....

Didnt you just answer your own question? Conroe stomped the A64, and thus it can obviously handle the most in games. I suggest you go look at Anandtechs gaming reviews for more proof.

-------------------------------

Back on topic, I like how Idiotec got his DS3 to 450+FSB while Anandtech was barely able to get their $250 motherboards past 400FSB in their older review.

Nice job Idiotec, did you run out of processor power or FSB power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom