Cooling tube back in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
welp, i decided i'm going to put the cooling tube back in my case now that i got my wires a bit more tidy... and oh what a difference it made in temps!! my idol went from 34 to what is now jumping from 28 to 29.. insane drop it gave me... i had no idea..

with that being said, i guess its time to starting oc'ing again.. but i can't get this x2 past 2.6 ghz.. i have ddr500 ram.. i don't really see the problem here.. i've had the ram oc plent.. up to ddr580 before.. but now it just doesnt seem to wanna do anything higher than 2.6.. i havent tried with the cooling tube on.. but i probably will get back to that.. hopefully all goes well.. if i do come back, i'm hoping to see some suggests because i know i'm going to fail doing so.. here are my system specs to give a better look... and keep in mind i've had my opteron 146 at 2.93 ghz.. actually i had 3.0 but it was in no way stable...

Mobo: ABiT KN8 SLi
Vid: Sapphire x1900xt
Proc: AMD Athlon x2 3800+
Ram: 2 GB G.Skill DDR 500

that should give a nice general idea... so if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated...

and yes... yes i have tried running it with a higher core clock.. i've went up to 1.52 or something of the sort... and it shouldnt need to go that high for 2.65....

**** man, my processors stock voltage is 1.5 :p

Anyways, id just try givin it either a bit more voltage or see if you can change the multiplyer.

Ya, you should get it past 2.6ghz. I would imagine 2.7-2.8ghz would be fine on stock cooling.

1gb sticks need a lot more power than 512mb sticks, so don't be afraid to send 2.1-2.2v to it in order to stabilize it. Up your cpu voltage by .1-.2v. Up your ram timings across the board 1-2 points. If you do all of this, you will find your max potential very quickly.

umm... my ram is far higher than 2.2v.. its stock is 2.6...

i took my cpu up to 2.7 ghz today with 1.58v and still wasnt stable...... i think i just got a crappy stepping... maybe these new amd pricecut processor suck at oc'ing or something...

S4020038.jpg

that would be the cooling tube.. nice little feature that came with my case.. and thats an old picture =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom