fatal system error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

Baseband Member
when i boot up my pc and its ready to show my desktop but dosent a blue screen appears with a error message "fatal system error windows logon terminated unexpectadly: also a series of numbers a quick search on the microsoft website came across this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669/en-us

now it seems i can fix the problem aonly thing is it says at a command promt type etc etc...............

but when my error message appears theres nowere to type also iv tried starting the pc in safe mode last know config etc etc iv tried all of the f8 options with no joy this seems a big problem can anyone help please

by the way its windows xp os

thanks in advance........

any hardware changes ? also try a system repair or try the commands in the recovery console.

i forgot to mention which is the biggest problem it wont log into windows

right usually when u put the xp cd in a screen would apper asking to boot from cd are somthing similair but it wont this time

also iv been into bios and it wont let me change any settings

i think the pc mite be set to boot from floppy that option in bios is enabled i need it diasbled but it wont change for some reason

try resetting the BIOS.

1. On the motherboard there is a small watch battery. Remove this battery along with the power cable from the power supply. Hold down the power button to fully discharge the system. Wait 2-3 minutes then reinstall the battery and plug in your system. Your reset is now complete

2. Some motherboards have a 3 pin jumper by the battery. Lets say that the jumper is on pins 2 and 3. Remove the jumper while the machine is OFF and place onto pins 1 and 2. Power on your machine for a minute. (Note: Your system will not POST). Shutdown your machine and put the jumper back to pins 2 and 3. Your reset is now complete

once you have done that boot to the cd and follow my steps i said earlier :)

try removing the hard drive then with the hard drive out boot the system and try to enter bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom