Overclock P3 550Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartech

In Runtime
Hi!

I wanted to overclock my pentium3 550mhz (100*5.5), vcore 1.99 processor. I have VIA mobo. Its has ratio (multipler) jumper on it and two jumpers dealing wiht the FSB speed. I tried to overclock using the multipler jumper, but never mind how I select it, it stays 5.5, I didn't anything with 2 FSB jumpers, because it was too confusing. So the only thing I secced to do, is to rise FSB up to 112mhz using the bios option, but if i tried to rise it more, to 124 or 133 mhz, comp just didn't boot at all. Now it runs at 616mhz (112*5.5), vcore 1.99 and the temperature is 28-32 C.

So I want to overclock it more.
Maby you know how can I reach 124 or 133mhz fsb or rise multipler. Will be happy to hear any ideas about it.

-AndreiD

Yea I'd give the fsb jumper a shot, change it to 124 first and gain stabiliy, as you'll probably need to change your vcore, then goto 133, if everything is still going good, change your multiplier jumper up a notch etc... good luck =), I've done it with my 550 athlon before, I can't remember how far I got it but I pushed it over 600mhz and that was my goal! hehe

I'll be happy to try this, but i have no idea' how to change core voltage, can you tell me?

I have a 500MHZ P3 I'm trying to overclock - I'll let you know if I ever succeed at it. :/ It's just a spare desktop I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom