Power Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircadian

Beta member
I have a problem that has stumped me. I have a PC that won't power on, nothing, zip, nadda. I first thought of a bad power supply, so i bought one, still nothing, zip, nadda. I figured, hmmmm....ok maybe mobo. Replaced mobo with new one kept the new PSU in and still nothing, zip, nadda. Thought ok, it's a power issue, maybe it's the switch on the case, put new mobo, new PSU and everything else in a new case, still nothing, zip, nadda. I thought ok, maybe a device is making it do this so i unhooked all case fans, optical drives and floppy from the PSU leaving only the mobo and HDD and case hooked to power, still nothing, zip, nadda.

So now i am stumped, where do i go from here what else causes a power issue like this? I made sure the case was properly ground on the mobo and that all case plugs like reset, power switch etc are in the proper places on the mobo.

Just need a little more help thinking of what it could be.

Thanks

No fans spin at all? No lights, nothing? Have you made sure the outlet in which you're using is properly working?

yeah...nothing, no lights, no spinning of anything. I have used several outlets and several power strips. Everything else connected to the strips work.

yes i did....exactly where the mobo specs say to. This computer was built by someone and purchased by a friend of mine of the craigslist a month ago. it worked great and then one day just shut off and wouldn't power up again. He asked me to look at it because i know more than he does. Apparently not enough though :p

OH well then dude, there is your answer. If the motherboard is dead, then why are you waisting your time plugging everything into it?

but its a brand new mobo from fry's i installed it after the problems...it is a new case, new mobo, new PSU, i installed all these after the power problems

here are some answers

power surge might of fried ur mobo or ESD
also ur grounder on ur power cable might be not working well.
hope u find a solution or ur screwed and need to replace that new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom