Very Hot Conroe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean it seams to be reading 82c in the bios? Is it or is it not? If it is shut that thing down don't do anything until you check the HSF,,, ffs ,,, You are going to toast it.

Yes that is VERY hot, all you need to do with AS5 or any thermal compound is just to squirt half a pea size blob in the middle of the processor, then put the heatsink on the top. There is something not right, or are these Conroes putting out more heat than we think and its another proscott, as I have heard numerous reports of Conroes becoming VERY hot.

Maybe ctrl+F1 in the BIOS should enable mroe features?

Ruan

Ok, well I replaced the aftermarket heatsink and used intel's stock cooler. It stays at 47 while idle and goes to the low 50's at full load.

Lesson Learned: Stock cooling ain't always so bad....

Anyone want a partially used heatsink lol?

it is at 47 idle? Yeesh, my 3800+ X2 runs at 31 idle and max at 40 full load. ****, thats one hot processor.

JoshSB said:
it is at 47 idle? Yeesh, my 3800+ X2 runs at 31 idle and max at 40 full load. ****, thats one hot processor.

Mine maxes out at 43C and its overclocked 500mhz. I will never buy intel again!

Since there seems to be some discrepencies on how to apply thermal paste, I'll clear that up. All you need is a dab the size of a grain of rice. DO NOT SMEAR IT.

It's easy, squeeze out enough to make a grain of rice. Then put the HS on top, being careful not to slide it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom