Battlefield 2 and GRAW slow as ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdy

Solid State Member
So, about three weeks ago I had to switch mobos. My NF7, but luckily my friend's dad just upgraded his PC. So, he gave me an intel mobo and a 2.4.

The mobo is a D865GBF and the processor is a 2.4 512kb core with a 533 mhz FSB.

I went from a Barton 2600+ (@ 2.2)

Recently, I bought an x800gto sapphire card(used). It has the r430 core, and the 16 pipes already unlocked. Lucky me, right.

Overjoyed with the prospect of a new video card(upgrade from a 9600xt by sapphire) I installed Battlefield 2 and GRAW. I always wanted to play BF on high settings and I thought with this card it could be possible.

Sadly, it wasn't. What confused me is that with this new card I could play on the same settings as my old car and get the same damned result.

My question is;
Is this my processor or my video card?

I was thinking abou buying a 3.2 1mb 800mhz anyways...

If you read carefully he said "The mobo is a D865GBF and the processor is a 2.4 512kb core with a 533 mhz FSB"

No you cant play those games on high. Not even full medium. Play with stuff on either min and aa and af slightly on or visa versa. I have same card and I can play all games at medium. No higher except for hl2.

What's even weirder is that when i turn the settings up considerably, I don't lose many FPS.

I did that to GRAW. GRAW runs very slow on this PC. 25fps. I turned it to 1024x768 and High everything. It ran at around 15fps. I turned it to low it ran at 25.

Is it me, or is that a weird weird weird ratio?

i'm thinkin' about that 3.2 more and more.

The cache and the fsb upgrades are worthy
and it's about a hundred bucks, which ain't bad for my last upgrade.

Amdy said:
i'm thinkin' about that 3.2 more and more.

The cache and the fsb upgrades are worthy
and it's about a hundred bucks, which ain't bad for my last upgrade.

I would start thinkin about a new build entirely. A p4 3.2 ghz is pretty slow and ancient these days in the gaming world.

gurusan said:
I would start thinkin about a new build entirely. A p4 3.2 ghz is pretty slow and ancient these days in the gaming world.
i have a 3 ghz p4 prescott, i can do well, but i did overclock it a bit, i mean it has a lotta pipelines, but its still allright.
but if you had teh money go with c2d

yeah a prescott can do ok...but it's just about the minimum required for a lot of games that are comin out...and minimum is never good

gurusan said:
yeah a prescott can do ok...but it's just about the minimum required for a lot of games that are comin out...and minimum is never good
i get high cpu and RAm on fear, i only get high because i have 512 mb ram, man its an ok cpu, not teh best, but it gets the job done, most of the rendering is done with teh gpu, not cpu. almost all cpus i know of bottleneck on teh gfx test, my cpu gets a max of 3 fps on teh cpu test on 3dmark05, D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom