not formated?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cake or death?

Solid State Member
ok so im back.. and i have another problem and just inches away from hammering my computer and getting a new one...

so you guys remember how the mp3's we're just dissapearing of my folders, after i did some disk checks i managed to get them back, this kept happening for 2 or 3 days but i figured i just keep on doing disk checks and geting them back, but now the WHOLE DRIVE is gone it says that its not formated and if i go into the drie properties it marks 0 space free and 0 space used..... any toughts???? i have most of the crap i had in that drive backed up in another drive but wth why is this happening to my computer..

cake or death? said:
ok so im back.. and i have another problem and just inches away from hammering my computer and getting a new one...

so you guys remember how the mp3's we're just dissapearing of my folders, after i did some disk checks i managed to get them back, this kept happening for 2 or 3 days but i figured i just keep on doing disk checks and geting them back, but now the WHOLE DRIVE is gone it says that its not formated and if i go into the drie properties it marks 0 space free and 0 space used..... any toughts???? i have most of the crap i had in that drive backed up in another drive but wth why is this happening to my computer..

Bad disk? Reformat and if it does it again it's a bad disk. ;p seems that way to me anyway.

ok this is really getting me pissed off i restarted my computer and it works now. maybe it is a bad drive still if you have any other thoughts post them hre please

gimme a v
gimme a i
gimme a r
gimme a u
gimme an s

Make sure your anti-virus is up-to-date, and scan your hard drive.

cake or death? said:
ok this is really getting me pissed off i restarted my computer and it works now. maybe it is a bad drive still if you have any other thoughts post them hre please

Someone said later on after this that it might be a badIDE cable - Yeah, I'd try changing that first to see if that works as a cheap solution, if not, does your drive still have an active warranty? Unless you're like me and don't cash in on warrantys, you might wanna try that - if the drive does the replacement drive does the same thing again I guess it's your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom