Post your fastest SuperPI times

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man has a point, TURN IT OFF! the Windows XP classic theme is good its the quickest around. I didnt know HT made a difference to superpi times.

Ruan

^ HT would actually probably slow SuperPI down, I'm just wondering based on the fact that I've never seen the task manager show one CPU for one that has HT turned on, usually it shows as two.

To get the best superpi time (and yes, these instructions are easy enough to follow for a monkey).

1. Kill all uneeded programs.
2. Open superpi.
3. ctrl-alt-del and open task manager
4. Set superpi to 'realtime' priority.
5. find explorer.exe in the task manager and 'end task'
6. close task manager
7. run superpi
8. when it's done, ctrl-alt-del to open task manager
9. click 'new task'
10. type 'explorer' and press Enter to bring explorer back

Killing explorer and all the extra programs should get you an extra .1-.2 off depending on what you had running before.

@General, It doesn't really matter for me whether the graphics is on or off, because it would only buy me perhaps 2 seconds if it were off while doing that superpi calculation, the thing is, I can't get another stable overclock again for a while, this CPU is crap lol, this whole computer is crap for overclocking........ XD now no matter what I do I can't get lower than 49s in superPI because my overclocks are not stable at all......... maybe i'll try again with graphics off in a couple of days [in 10 days i'm getting my new PC]

-Jo.

2 seconds is ALOT of time! But its nice to know youre getting a new PC! what is it, i would hope its a Conroe! E64/6600 Sounds Bonza!

Ruan

Well i'm going AM2..[no money for a conroe mobo :( ]

X2 3800 Energy Efficient [65W]

MB: DFI Infinity nF UltraII-M2

RAM: Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4 [DDR2-800MHz, 2GB, 1gb*2sticks, XMS-2 series]

GPU: ATi Sapphire X1900XT

PSU: ToPower 550P5 dual 12v rail [15*2 amps = total of 30]

And MAYBE I'm going to buy Water cooling [was pretty usre I am but its a hassle bringing it to my country.] so perhaps i'll buy an LCD instead of water cooling :( .

-Jo.

What the heck are you talking about, no money for a conroe mobo. You can get them <$100 all day. Sure there are $250 boards out there, but if you can live with an 'entry level' board, the conroe chip would MORE than make up for the extra $50 spent on the processor. To me, if you are building a new system from scratch, conroe is the only way to go right now.

The ONLY reason I got a amd, is so i could use my 6800gt AGP card, and I had VERY limited funds... If I had an extra $250 I would have done the E6300 and possibly an entry level 7xxx series pci-e video card. I may be doing that in the near future actually. =)

I don't want an entry level board, im an overclocker, and hardcore extreme performance fan, I don't like stupid motherboards that can't overclock x_x.

Plus in Israel those <100$ mobos are not even avalible, it BEGINS at 300$ in israel...

So no money for a conroe mobo. and why would I get one when I can get an AM2 for MUCH cheaper? an AM2 x2 is a big jump for me too :) .

-Jo.

What city in Israel do you live in? Hopefully somewhere in Tel-Aviv or south of there. I here the North is getting destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom