Can't get PC to be quiet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aexin

Baseband Member
I have got an alienware aurora 7500 that, when i received it, was extremely noisy. Since then, I've swapped the 120mm case fan, swapped the power supply, added 2 80 mm fans, and a fan controller. The 120 mm case fan is still fairly loud, but all you can hear is the air. However, when i turn the 2 80 mm fans and 120mm fan down all the way, I hear a buzzing from the inside. I think it might be either the cpu fan ontop of the waterblock, or the liquid cooling liquid holder attached to the radiator. Anyone know what I should try to make it quiet?

nothing thats the price you have to pay for preformance unless you want to have the system over heat. there isnt much you can do about it and just be happy with what you got.

Ya You buy a beast you have to expect it to roar.

You might try one of those silent case kits, you know stick on insualtation, Don't think it'll make a world of difference. Take out the 80mms if you can afford the reduced air flow, perhaps look into getting a quiet fan for that radiator (if its the pump you might try insulating that)

I thought Alienware computers have the option to have acoustic dampening in their cases.

In my configuration, I did not have the option for acoustic dampening. Anyway, the 80mm fans are fine and so is the 120mm case fan. All i hear from them is a whooosh sound. What I dont like are the buzzing and ringing sounds, will adding insulation rid my computer of those?

aexin said:
In my configuration, I did not have the option for acoustic dampening. Anyway, the 80mm fans are fine and so is the 120mm case fan. All i hear from them is a whooosh sound. What I dont like are the buzzing and ringing sounds, will adding insulation rid my computer of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom