Oh No What Did I Do?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why aren't mobos built with a button for resetting CMOS that can be placed on the front side of the case with the power button? there can be a little door there so you don't accadentally do it... but wouldn't that be cool? someday if im smart enough i'll invent it and be rich.

lazer_viking said:
why aren't mobos built with a button for resetting CMOS that can be placed on the front side of the case with the power button? there can be a little door there so you don't accadentally do it... but wouldn't that be cool? someday if im smart enough i'll invent it and be rich.

It's been done. Not by mobo companies, but my modders. It's a VERY simple mod too.

All you have to do is find a plug that has three 'holes'. If you salvage old computers like I do, you'll have trillians of these wires.

Just stick the three holes over the three pins for the CMOS. Rig up a SPST switch, and there ya have it. When you need to reset CMOS, flip the switch for about 10 seconds and then flip it back...not rocket science. ;)

lol why are people so harch about newcomers asking questions about ocing... junk like "IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT THEN YOU SHOULDNT BE... " just starts a flame war ( with the right people). I know i get mad when people do that junk to me... its his stuff and his mistake if he puts 20v through it lol. I could understand if they said well you really should read " Insert link here", but thats just me.

here's another question... problems solved.. so why is there still talking... and yes i know i'm only contributing...

and msi has a motherboard where you just click a button.. though its on the motherboard itself.. still very helpful

harley3344 said:
lol why are people so harch about newcomers asking questions about ocing... junk like "IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT THEN YOU SHOULDNT BE... " just starts a flame war ( with the right people). I know i get mad when people do that junk to me... its his stuff and his mistake if he puts 20v through it lol. I could understand if they said well you really should read " Insert link here", but thats just me.

Because before you overclock, you should know pretty dam near as much as there is to know before you start. You should know what happens if you do this, why it does that, how to fix that problem, yadda yadda. If you don't know that, well, then you shouldn't be messing with it in the first place.

Though I do realize that people learn by making mistakes. But when it comes to OC'ing, you should really just read A LOT first. Keep reading and reading, until you are very familiar with it.

harley3344 said:

Because before you overclock, you should know pretty dam near as much as there is to know before you start. You should know what happens if you do this, why it does that, how to fix that problem, yadda yadda. If you don't know that, well, then you shouldn't be messing with it in the first place.

Though I do realize that people learn by making mistakes. But when it comes to OC'ing, you should really just read A LOT first. Keep reading and reading, until you are very familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom