Intel Based Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralZod

Solid State Member
First off, Hello, I found your forum thanks to google and I figured you guys were just the ones to ask about hardware. I have gone with AMD the last 5 years, so now I am going to try an Intel Based System. I am looking at purchasing these components for a new computer,

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=3799128&WishListTitle=Intel+Based+Computer

My main question is the compatibility of all the parts with one another, especially the Processor to MOBO compatibilty. I believe that everything else matchs up, MOBO supports dual channel DDR2 ram, and a 24 pin power connection, both my power supply and my ram are compliant, I think. Let me know what you think. Thanks guys!

cpu/mobo match is good to go...question

you are buying an external psu to swap with what comes with the case? My only slight concern are these current high end gpus and matx cases...can be nightmares :)

don't buy a pentium d..... if your gonna spend 184 dollars on a cpu.. get an intel core 2 duo e6300, its only 219 dollras and will blow that processor away

Atomic: I don't exactly trust stock PSU's on cases, so I have another on the order list just to be safe. You think the GPU i have choosen is going to be a problem with the Case? because the motherboard section of the case slides out for instillation.

Nosboost: What is the major difference between the pentium d and a core 2 duo e6300? and will it still fit my motherboard. if it will, I guess an extra 30 bucks couldn't hurt.

Thanks for your quick responses

Hm, ok. I had a question about the power supply that i have choosen and my MicroATX case. Do I have to get a MicroATX sized powersupply? or will the coolermax I have choosen work?

Hm, I am looking at a pair of of 1gig (2gig total) DDR2 Ram at PC8000 and I don't really want to pay 300+ $'s for ram

yay you! Always wanting to help out on the info trail...I dug some and came up with a review that states this on the case "The good: Power supply included; fits standard micro-ATX motherboards and full-size video cards. " Now that's good and bad, cuz you never know what full size means...if the gpu folks have settled on a max size we're ok.

I have an x1800...that things a huge brick :p

But the review does make mention of it being tested in SLI so it fits 2 of those cards

haven't found any info on psu sizing but I'm thinking standard atx form factor size...I don't think this uses anything smaller than norm. Pics don't seem to show a resting bottom cage for the psu, so even if what ou buy is larger it may hang a little lower making for underlying components a possible concern BUT I believe you're ok there. I would have bought these types of cases...if not for the fact I didn't want to work too much at figuring out what could fit what :)

i woulod def say change the video card. go for a 7600gt, it is cheaper and will run games better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom