realllly big case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Kandalf (same as a Armor, but with doors) and it is huge, but more importantly dominating in the room. :)

I have water cooling in there, with the radiator on the inside. Erm, I can fit in the box the case came in, which I couldnt do with my old case box....

Yeah, 6 hdd in bays, 2 in the 3.5" slots and room for 5 more if you get 5.25 to 3.5" converters (such as the hard drive coolers and silencers.)

So with out a CD drive you can get 14hdd in there.

sweet could i have like 1 really good hardrive and have acouple like 3 cause i want like dvd/cd burner and fan controller
but uhh im new to this but whats the advantage of havin like 4 harddrives

THings such as raid setups and arrays for putting data spanned between drives for faster seek times and data input/output, stuff like that.

As well as having backup drives, storage in general is mostly what the purpose of having multiple drives is for.

more space between hdd's = more cooling, maybe even mod afew fan mounts in there to keep the sucker really cool ;)

RAID 0 is the only type of RAID that increases performance, every drive you add to that is increasing the storage by that amount, the disadvantage to this is, if one goes you lose all your data. RAID 1 is backing up the drives. So there is a mirror of every drive. RAID 5 is at least 3 drives, with one of those as a backup drive. This is slower than having a single drive. These should all have drives of the same size.

The Armor and Kandalf have fans by the hdd bays. At the front is a 120mm sucking air in, and the hdd bay at the back has a 92mm fan sucking air out of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom