Baseband Member
If I am currently running:
Intel P4 1.8 GHz
768 (or something) MB of RAM.

and it takes Photoshop 1 min 10 seconds to start up,

approximately, how long would it take to load using
Intel PD 805 OC'd to 3.33 GHz
2 GB of RAM

I don't need an exact time (like, depending on other things running, other PC components)

Just an educated guess.

Thanks!

From 1.8ghz to a 3.33ghz and 768mb ram to 2gb....you'll probably shave off a 1 min. in opening time. I have the Intel P4 1.8ghz and mine opens up in like 20secs.

i use P4 3.0Ghz 1GB and take just 10 sec. I dont know...depend...it's not just about been P or AMD, its more then that...if you what mean...depend of your basics hardware too.

It probably takes a min and 10 secs, because you have alot of programs open? Or virus?

It probably takes a min and 10 secs, because you have alot of programs open? Or virus?

That is right...photoshop is a graphic prog, that means, you need speed, and if you have several progs running in the same time, you hav low performance...

I timed mine. From time of clicking on the icon, to getting a useable screen takes 4 sec. The contributing factors of the speed of mine would be the 2GB of RAM, as well I have Windows and PS installed on a Raptor (10k rpm HDD). That's with Winamp and Firefox running, as well as background apps.

My photoshop cs takes about 10 seconds too, might be abit quicker but ive never timed.

Certainly that comp you said will be alot quicker, but then you dont base what comp you buy on how long it takes to load up photoshop, that would be stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom