Drivers driving me mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfoolio

Beta member
Hello everyone, I hope I am posting to the right category.

I have a question that hopefully someone has an answer to, or someone may be able to help me create.

I work at a computer store where we do a lot of tech work, fix almost every problem i've dealt with, and see new problems every day. That's not why i'm posting, the reason I am is because we do a lot of formats, new computer builds, or driver installs for old computers. Usually we can fix a computer without a format, but sometimes we have too. Lots of times people are missing their drivers disks, or the drivers themselves take awhile to find.

Is there any sort of compendium dvd of all the drivers for motherboards (modems, sound cards, video cards etc.. would be nice) that can be used for all computers? Specifically XP but all older OS's would be nice too. Are there any tools or anything close to this that may resemble any sort of ultimate drivers disk?

If there isn't, what would be the best way of going about to making some sort of disk like this (yes I realize that drivers are updated often, but it would be nice to make a disk or update a disk like this every few months).

I noticed that on MSI boards the disk they provide has a lot of drivers that automatically scan the device manager and brings up the necessary drivers that need to be installed. almost 65% of the time we use a the MSI disks and they work, but half the time they don't have ALL the drivers we need. Is there anyway to create a disk resembling that sort of thing (if one doesn't already exist)? I'm willing to try anything because in the long run this would be a time saver as well as a stress reliever from the daily searching of drivers.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I know its a big pain for people like us. I have been looking into this as well and I found this the other day. but I havent tryed it yet.

http://driverpacks.net/

What I have been doing is I save all drivers I have to look for when I format a PC then every few month's I slipsteam them into an install cd and it works pretty good for me, because I get alot of repeat customers. But let me know how you make out with the driverpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom