Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

77platoon

Solid State Member
My problem seems to be related to bluetooth stacks. i have this notebook that will not connect with my phone over bluetooth. gives the msg "Cannot use the connection type. Check that all the needed hardware, software and drivers are available "
what am i doing wrong? somebody?
And am doing XP Home SP2

Are you sure you have bluetooth in your notebook?

Go to Device Manager (Control Panel, Sysytem, Hardware, Device manager) and check under Bluetooth Radio if you do have bluetooth on your laptop, and if the driver is installed or has any problems...

If not...then how exactly are you trying to connect?

Have you tried sending-receiving a file from your laptop??

Trun Discovery ON on your phone...then go to Control Panel, click on Bluethooth Devices, and click on Add New Device, check My Device is setup and ready to be found, then click next...Once the device is added, try sending from laptop (right clicking on a file and click sent to>bluehtooth device) to phone or vice versa...see if that works...

If that didnt work...go to Bluetooth devices in Control Panel, click on Options, and check the box where it says Show Bliutooth Icon in Notifaction Area...Once you see the icon in the system tray...right click on it and Click on receive a file, try sending anything from your phone...(or on send a file....and try sending...)

Hope that helps!

It has bluetooth alright.
But in the control panel there is no Bluetooth Radio unfortunately.

But there is a button at the front panel with the Bluetooth Icon. and when i flick it, it says "No Device" on the screen.

Am trying to connect through the Nokia PC Suite.
And the phone says "Shown to all".
Currently am downloading WIDCOMM bluetooth stack to see if it helps, what do you think of that?

And to compound the scenario, when i try to install my 6230i bluetooth modem, there is no port that i can use. Coz i thought if i had that, i might actually be able to go round the problem.

It has bluetooth alright.
But in the control panel there is no Bluetooth Radio unfortunately.
If in the device manager you cant see bluetooth, i think it means that bleutooth isnt installed in your laptop! (try doing a scan and see if anything comes up (in Device Manager, go to Action>>>Scan for hardware changes....)

Are you sure that you have bluetooth in your laptop?? Becuase if nothing appears then, im afraid you don't have bluetooth in your laptop...

What is your laptop??

(even though it has a button for bluetooth, it doesnt necessarily mean you have bluetooth...it might be a standard in the latop manufacturing, so that not to manufacture several different models, but some models come with bluetooth installed, others dont...so if you're relying on the bluetooth button to say that you have bluetooth, the chances are no bluetooth is installed...!

Good luck!

ah, i think i just found out the problem....

I can see from your sig that your laptop is Celeron...

I guess that;s the problem right there....

THe same model might be, somehow manufactured fron Celeron and maybe Centrino, for example...now centrino laptops do come with bluetooth built in, but im afraid celeron ones dont....so im assuming that is the problem right there....you have the switch for it, but do not have the actual bluetooth radio installed....

(you can always buy a seperate USB bluetooth d6ngle for your laptop that will work out just the same!)

you can buy bluetooth dongles on eBay for relatively cheap
ya...sorry....the "6" was supposed to be an "o" but I guess Num Lock was turned on when I was typing the post....:p

(you can always buy a seperate USB bluetooth d6ngle for your laptop that will work out just the same!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom