Oh No What Did I Do?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
Okay so in a lame attempt to OC my cpu i set the multiplyer to 10 insted of 11 and thought i would change the fsb for a more even number. but the moment i did that my computer turned off and my monitors wont get signal. what did i do??

you have to reset cmos

either you have a button to push (only on some mobo's) or you move some little jumpers, look in your mobo instruction manuel for cmos reseting...

if you can't find anything.. then you could always take the battery out of your mobo for about 10 seconds and put it back in

no problem, reseting cmos is what you'll be doing alot if your an overclocker, so its vital to know.. you'll have to change your time and start over with the oc again

imma write an in-depth guide of how to do it and why would you do it soon...[cmos reseting that is] so people won't need to ask everytime :p

-Jo.

Making the multiplier higher is better. If you put it lower, the FSB will be higher, causing your RAM to also try and work at that speed. If it can't, you can't start your computer and (obviously) you have to reset the CMOS.

I'm very surprised, the Asus boards usually have a FailSafe Overclocking system, which should, if there is a problem reset the CMOS and then tell you to go in and change the settings... Well it does on my K8V-SE Deluxe, and thats a newer board if its the M2N SLi hes on about.

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom