Hmmm OC troubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
Hey i was ocing my CPU. I have a 4200+ wich as you know runs stock at around 2.2 Ghz. i get to around 2.2 and a half Ghz and it starts encountering errors such as "c:/startup is invalid or currupt" or just dosnt get signal from the monitors. Is this common? Do i just have a really bad OCing CPU?

thanks.

1. Whats your CPU voltage?
2. Whats your RAM voltage?
3. What is your ram set to latency wise? 2.5,3,3,8? 3,4,4,10?
4. What frequency is the fsb set to?
5. Whats your cpu and system temp stock at idle and full load?
6. What brand ram do you have?

actually i think i got it. its because i need to raise my cpu voltage before i can raise the FSB any more. thanks anyways for your help. if this isnt the problem ill certainly be referring to you lol

cool... i was locking up at only a 120mhz overclock, but eventually played with it enough to run pretty stable at a 380mhz overclock. Steep learning curve...

StillwaterIT said:
cool... i was locking up at only a 120mhz overclock, but eventually played with it enough to run pretty stable at a 380mhz overclock. Steep learning curve...
wait...it wont let me get onto windows when i change my voltage. whats a good safe voltage to make it so i can overclock more?

im running an asus m2n-e with a 4200+

try the stock voltage first, if the system became unstable then maybe increase the voltage a little bit but i've never increased my proccessors before. my 3200+ venice running at 2.5 and x2 3800 running also at 2.5 i guess the stock voltage is fine if you don't overclock it too much.

hmmmmm stillwater i lost your aim sn, but im me if you see this lol.

it only allows me to raise my voltage up to 1.5....

it dosnt go any higher.

1.5625 to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom