Where Should You Position Your Fan? HOT TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerios

Banned
Hmm I was wondering where the best place would be to position the case fans. Would the size of the fan also determine the position?

For example, would a big fan do better at the front with another smaller fan at the back? Or would it be better to have two fans of similar sizes at each end?

Where should you place your fans? Mounted on the casing? Or placed above a hardware? If it is on the casing, the only effect would be better air circulation right? Since it is like that, using the concept that hot air rises, it would be logical to place the fan at the top, am I not right?

The Thermaltake V2000A comes with seven fans, and probably has the best setup you can get for fans.

80x80x25mm Silent Fans, 30dB
-Front x2 with Air Filter (Intake)
-Rear x2 with Fan Holder (Exhaust)
-Side Panel x 2 w/Filter (Intake)
-Top x1 with Fan Holder (Exhaust)

This keeps the air flowing nicely. However, if you want air concentrated on, say, your video card, buy a PCI Slot fan card.

Depends on how many fans you have and what is producing heat inside your case

There is no "BEST" setup for fans you can get try different one...see if it drops the temp

One little point that always should be emphasized...... Remember to have the direction of the fan setup correctly. You con't want to have two fans blowing air in (Intake) or two fans blowing air out (Outake) You won't want to have a vacuum going inside your case... :)

In.. and Out.... In.. and Out... works much better.

yah hmm in and out? you mean to have it positioned collinear to each other? For example the out-take fan would be directly opposite the intake fan?

I have two in the front for intake and three in the back for exhaust, are you saying there is a better setup as far as positioning goes???

is this thermaltake2000 a power guzzler?
how much power do these fans suck?

when we talk of a power supply of 350 watts, wah tis the average wattage of such a system. i am getting concerned of my electricity bull when running a computer over night, and i have just started running two computers over night.

In general, the intake fans should be in the front and sides towards the bottom. The exhaust fans should be in the back and top. You want air moving through the system in one general flow. Sometimes too many fans will create cross currents and eddy's if placed incorrectly and create hot spots, or so I've heard.

To Suck or To Blow

Depends on the case.

PYZCHOB!+C# being the full tower is it the following :-
1x Front on the bottom (sucking)
1x Side Panel (sucking). I modded this one so it would be close enough to being on top of the CPU.
2x Back (blowing)

SUPERSONICB!+C#'s case only has the one intake fan.
landude.gif

This fan is on the front behind the front USB and MultiMedia ports.
The problem with this case is that it has a smaller form factor. It's one of those case the PSU mounted sideways. I have noticed that this box was rather hot.
Now the good thing with the top of this case is that the pastic on top actually does allow some air flow. So I an going to mount either 1 large fan, or 2 smaller fans on the top of the case to get some better air flow.

What I have done to reduce noise is out holes that normally come with the case where the fans are suppose to go.
So instead of having about 90 or so little holes that will whistle away, i have on large hole.

The other problem that every one has with fan blowing in DUST. One thing I have down with all my intake fans is to secure some CHUX SUPERWHIPES or some ohome for my motherboard box on the out take side of the fan.
Okay, i does not look pretty, but it i alot less uglier than a seeing a CPU fan covered in dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom