xp bsod problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

afplayboy18

Solid State Member
not sure if this is the right place but i didnt find a more appropiate place...anyways, here goes.

i have a copy of xp home that i got when i bought my dell 4 years ago...also have a copy of xp prof. from a friend.

just built my computer and installed everything. ran great for 2-3 weeks then when i tried to install the other drivers from my msi 7300le video card i got the bsod and its been wrecked ever since.

no matter what i do i get the bsod. even when i try to delete everything, reformat the hard drive, and re-install either versions of windows i get the bsod on occasions.

it didnt start initially till i installed the programs that came with the video card. i really have no idea what to do, this is the first time i have built a computer.

i have:

asus m2n-sli delux
amd 3800+ am2
msi nx7300le
1gb corsair ram

its down now...wont even reboot or let me reinstall windows. it just freezes when ever i turn it on

have you tried taking the graphics card and putting in an old one? does it work then ? if it does try the card in another pc before trashing it.

Are you able to get into your BIOS? Y/N

YES:
have you tried swapping out ram ? or try to test it using memtest86+ boot to it and i beleive you press T for a full test and let it run overnight and have it test your ram.

NO:
try swapping out ram sticks.
does everything start up when you turn on the computer?
can you hear the hard drive spin up and everything?
and does anything show up on the monitor?

im able to get into the bios sporatically. i havent tried to swap out the ram.

not sure what memtest86+ is but i'll google it.

im at work now so i'll try all that when i get home tonight

now when i try to load windows it will either freeze before i can choose a partition or it will let me choose a partition and then format it...then it will give me the bsod...

this sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom