Choosing graphics board

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havn't either, but that was the first crossfire i saw, so i posted it. Just to let him know that there IS a crossfire version.

No you dont have to have an sli ready psu, but you probally will need an adapter for you power cords to convert it pcie 6 pin power, because you will have to power both cards if they require a seperate power cord.

well for one a crossfire of those is way out of my price range, 200 was really stretching. Plus they're AGP, and the only AM2/crossfire motherboard on newegg is pci-e(plus AGP is on it's way out). I think i went a little overboard with what i want in a graphics card, I just want something 256mb and 256 bit interface, that's decent everywhere else and easy on the wallet. And i want a crossfire card so i have that option later on if i start playing a lot of games.

Then look for the PCI-E version of that card. Newegg should have it. Also, it'd be pretty hard to Crossfire 2 decent GPU's for only 200 bucks.

If you're not going to go Crossfire now, buy a nice single card now. Later on, you can buy a second one and have them in Crossfire, and then you'd have a better setup than if you bought two cards and Crossfire'd them now.

yeah thats what i plan on doing, the only reason i thought about crossfiring now was because i saw those two cards were only 69.99 each after rebates. Yeah ill look for a PCI-E version of that card, it should work well for me, with the proccesor and RAM i have picked out i should be able to run any game that i have right now very easily(the hardest being Halo PC and America's army)

Wait, which card are you talking about?

And I'm guessing everyone is settling with a 256mb card >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom