Shafted... Did i make the right move??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the x1900xt/x is better than the 7900gtx, so even if you chose the 7900gt ko you would still get better performance out of this if you oc it.

^Indeed.

Also the eye candy effects like AA/AF looks MUCH better on ATi cards rather than on Nvidia cards [I saw a live comparsion..]

-Jo.

welp... the card is in... and i must say, it is awesome.. my 3dmark scores have dropped... stock speeds though.. i notice actual game performs is much more better and crisp... force aax4 and forced afx16 looks beautiful... game run super smooth compared to that 7900gt even when volt modded... i'm glad i bought this card.. though the drivers are a bit crappy as said before... i tried changing it to 1280x1024 on the catalyst and it totally screwed up my screen and i had to restart.

i tried doing the conversion thing to my t.v. but it still lookedl ike total crap, stuff was not readable until resolutions were as low as 640x400 or something like that.. so i wouldnt recommend doing anything unless its an hdtv... other than that, awesome card, and i love it

well i just found my windows disc again, so i'll try reformatting and see if it yields better results.. i think there may still be some nvidia files that i don't want, but i'm not 100 percent sure.. but first i'll try downloading updated catalyst versions before anything

Plus the way your connecting it sucks, and HDTV is the way to go for your computer :classic: BF2 on 50" HDTV :drool:

Anyways you wouold want to use HDMI or DVI.

Nice purchase on the X1900XT :) I would have gone with that > 7900GT. Upgrading again, then to R600 and again every 2 months eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom