mobo fried

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing last forever lol. if you cant access your cd drive or hard drives it could be a mother board. if you have a working power supply and nothing powers on it could be your mobo. if you dont even get the green like on your mobo it could be your mobo. if you have a store computer like a dell they have lights that tell you the problem. and much more, what problem are you having ??

yesterday my pc was working fine, everything cool, but i open to install a USB 2.0 hardware, but after all didnt work, so , then i open again and removed , when i try turn my pc on, it didnt.

my mobo is ECS Elitegroup P4M800-M7 V:1.0 DDR400
I got this pc at SHOPNBC...its really sucks...

How computer savey are you, enough to know if all connections are tight ? i would check that first.

so when you press the power button nothing happens ? no fans spin or anything?

did you do anything when you installed the hardware into the pci slot, disconnect anything. did you touch the mother board with your bare hands, that can cause a short sometimes.

most of the time they get fried from ESD that is the most common way however they can also be fried by power surges.

i dont remember touch my mobo, i dont know much but basic, but when i turn my pc on, no fan works, now i am trying take everything out and check and i l put back on, but when you talk about power supply, i use this simple 5 plugs this, its nothing fancy, do you recomend something better, and what this for?

Hey man, thank you very much for your help

does the computer turn on ? or is it just the fans that dont work? try going to a local hardware store and picking up a power supply with a good return policy and see if that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom