annoying problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I have a dell laptop that has worked fine for about a year and a half now and all of the sudden it shuts itself off for no reason. I have made no hardware changes and ive tried to reinstall windows to see if that helped but i couldnt even make it through the installation without the laptop shutting off. please give me a hand here idont know if its maybe the battery or hard drive or anything else im very stuck here. I would appreciate any help at all.

maybe it is welchia worm or something like that
if you don't have vital data then format it and reinstall it

ive tried it wont do it. ive either gotten close to or completely through formatting my hard drive but it shuts down even while trying to reinstall windows. i know the os is no longer on my hard drive cause i think its formatted the whole thing so i dont think its a virus, but i guess im not sure. regardless i have to fix whatever problem it is before i install windows because right now it wont make it through without shutting down.

does it shutdown gracefully, or is it an abrupt shutdown

maybe it is getting overheated for some reason. i remmeber playing a game on a carpetted floor, the computer used to shutdown, perhaps if you keep your computer cool by using a table fan or an ac or something.

just shuts down pretty quick. if its a heat issue though i dont know what to do its not hot where the laptop is at and i cant just add fans to it. plus it was working fine before with no heat problems and there havent been any changes made to it.

place it next to an ac if possible, and see if it stays on for longer. IMO that would indicate some thing heat related.

maybe there is some clue in the BIOS, temperature setting alarm or auto shutdown if temp reaches X degrees centigrade

i havent seen any kind of heat settings in my bios. my desktop pc has these settings but the laptop seems to be missing them. it has nothing to tell me what temp it was running at or to say turn off at a certain temp either.

sounds heat related or possibly a PS . Is it hard to get apart and dust out ? Look it over check the battery .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom