Dell 30-inch Flat Panel Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
2K is alot for a screen >_>;;. I've seen people using projecter screen setups with their expensive computers that cost alot less and look great.

BoysNightOut said:
I was under the impression that the apple monitors only went to apple computers as in perhaps a diff configuration or something.

Nope, it will work with any computer that has a video card that has a dual-link DVI output. The Dell and the Apple are virtually identical, just look different and the Dell costs more. :p

Nihsnek said:
2K is alot for a screen >_>;;. I've seen people using projecter screen setups with their expensive computers that cost alot less and look great.

If you can find me a 2560x1200 projector for under $7000 I will buy it right now...

Let me just say that that is outrageously over-priced in both cases. You will not be spending your money efficiently. Westinghouse makes a 37in for $1499 and a 42in for $1999 at BestBuy. Both of which, if you go into the store and look as well as visit www.avsforum.com and search for "westinghouse", will prove to be more of a value. ...unless of course you MUST have the Apple name printed on your monitor or a 30in monitor. Both those Westinghouse monitors ARE 1080p btw. If you still want something closer to 30in., the Sharp Aquos 32in DA5U won top model in over 50 panels for Consumer Reports, and upon further research myself at the store, I agree. a...nd that is while it sat next to the Sony Bravia competition. It is priced around $1400 at BestBuy now.

Midnight said:
Let me just say that that is outrageously over-priced in both cases. You will not be spending your money efficiently. Westinghouse makes a 37in for $1499 and a 42in for $1999 at BestBuy. Both of which, if you go into the store and look as well as visit www.avsforum.com and search for "westinghouse", will prove to be more of a value. ...unless of course you MUST have the Apple name printed on your monitor or a 30in monitor. Both those Westinghouse monitors ARE 1080p btw. If you still want something closer to 30in., the Sharp Aquos 32in DA5U won top model in over 50 panels for Consumer Reports, and upon further research myself at the store, I agree. a...nd that is while it sat next to the Sony Bravia competition. It is priced around $1400 at BestBuy now.

Uhh, 1080p? These aren't HDTV's, they are computer monitors.

Lets see, 2560x1600 vs. 1920x1080

Okay, I'll take the 2560x1600.

It's always better to have resolution before size.

You are mis-understanding my point, though it is valid. Money vs. benefit.

You can have an LCD panel that will work for video games, cable, dvds, AND your computer monitor ...with a bigger screen and less money.

Dell monitors aren't even top quality, though they are better than some. If Apple is the same, then there you go.

I know he wants a computer monitor, but please think economically here unless you can afford to go that route to achieve one of many possible outcomes.

Midnight said:
Dell monitors aren't even top quality, though they are better than some. If Apple is the same, then there you go.

Dell is known for having some of the most quality monitors. I beilve samsung makes it for them, but you can never go wrong with a dell monitor, they are just great.

Midnight said:
You are mis-understanding my point, though it is valid. Money vs. benefit.

You can have an LCD panel that will work for video games, cable, dvds, AND your computer monitor ...with a bigger screen and less money.

I know he wants a computer monitor, but please think economically here unless you can afford to go that route to achieve one of many possible outcomes.

Why would you want a gigantic low res screen for computer? Why not just get a $700 1024x768 projector that does all that and projects to the size of your wall?

don't buy a dell monitor, i got my 50" HD for $1700 with 3 year warentee and the 20.1" for 300. thats still less than your 1 30"
trust me you arn't paying for better quality, your paying for dell's name. they outsource all of their monitor manufacturing, rename it, and double the price.

you can still find monitors that go up to 2560x1600 and dont cost u your first freakin born

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom