wondering which video card to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcg33k

Beta member
i was about to buy a video card for gamming only and i wish it will support all new techs for long time like shder 3.0 and all that stuff
i have an AGP-x8 port not PCIX
i want to but a Gainward geforce 6600GT 256mb but i saw what there is a 7600GS series of geforce even for less money
dunno what to do

is there a big different between 6600 series and the 7600 series or can i buy the old 6600 series with no problem?

and is where a big different between GT and GS ?

if u have more sujestions for other unmentioned video cards which can be very good for gamming only plz tell me

thnx in advanced...

if the 7600gs is cheaper than the 6600gt, i would get the 7600gs, the performance is almost the same, but the 7600 has 7 series features and runs cooler (most don't even have a fan). if the 6600gt is cheaper then you can go for that. the x1600pro should be in the same performance range, so if the price is right you could consider that as well.

whanx man :]
but i was mistaken coz i didnt find at any store 7600 series for AGP but i saw at the same price:
nVIDIA GeForce 6800XT 256MB Pine XFX...what do u prefer this or the nVIDIA GeForce FX6600GT 256MB Gainward?

if the 6800xt has the GDDR3 ram, then i'll take that one. if it was regular DDR or DDR2 memory then i'd take the 6600gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom