advantages in waiting untill vista...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bryanp0286 said:
it will say Vista Ready, then next to it either Yes or No.

That's for n00bs and so M$ can get their little advertisement in there.

I think people are forgeting that Vista is just an operating system. There's nothing else to it.

Why don't you wait for Linux kernel 2.6.18? Or Debian Etch, they aren't out yet.:rolleyes:

Most standard systems should be compatible for Vista right now. Mostly what people are worried about is Dx10...which won't have a majority of games supporting it for a very very long while.

yeah... vista...

At the point when M$ announces that Vista is Released, (OEM's) like Dell, HP, Gateway, Acer, etc... will already have Vista as OEM software.
At which point, you will notice a bunch of PC's with Vista options. With-in a few months you'll be bombarded with Vista Adverts...

Then with-in another few months, vista will be the majority of options available. A few more months and vista will be the only option available at OEM builders. SO - 6 Months....

After 6 months... The Upgrade adverts will be all over the place and there will be special deals and promotions to get people to upgrade from previous versions to vista.

With-in a year... Vista will be the only thing windows users take about and the adverts will clog every media outlet imaginable....

After a year they will release the first major Service Pack that makes the OS actually useable. ( That's when I upgrade )....

This may or may-not really be my opinion. It was posted in jest.

im also wanting to wait till vista comes out to upgrade my G-card, because ATI has 2 cards in development (the rs580+ and rs600+) which are DX10 compatible. thats my reason for not buying a 1900XTX at this moment. Other than DX10 and the new G-cards that come out with it there is no reason to put off upgrading cpu mobo, etc.

timblanchard said:
i know this is a litlle of subject...
do you think now would be a good time to upgrade my computer?
tb

if you plan on playing any games... now is great time.. nothing new is coming out for a bit of time

The Napster said:
im also wanting to wait till vista comes out to upgrade my G-card, because ATI has 2 cards in development (the rs580+ and rs600+) which are DX10 compatible. thats my reason for not buying a 1900XTX at this moment. Other than DX10 and the new G-cards that come out with it there is no reason to put off upgrading cpu mobo, etc.

The R580+ is NOT DX10 compatible. It is going to be just a filler card to AMD/ATI can tinker around with GDDR4 and compete with Nvidias G80 until the R600 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom