how ghz do these to have

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah like apokalipse said...don't go by the Ghz because a 2.0Ghz AMD is like a 3.5-4.0 Ghz Intel Pentium 4.

Basically...AMD's cpu's are faster but run at a lower Ghz, therefore...look at the name (ie a X2 3800 runs at 2.0ghz but the single core 3800 runs at 2.2ghz) well i think that's right.

i don't know much about those processors so they might be off in the naming by todays standards since they're a little older.

btw i wouldn't recommend a sempron...if you're buying a cpu and mobo go w/ a socket 939 and get a AMD 64 3000+ or something.

it'd be probably around $100-120 all together if you get a cheap mobo

otherwise try and get one of the Athlons preferably w/ a newer socket because the cpu would probably be better anyways.

yeah semprons are like the celerons of Intel...basically they're bad Athlons that they gave a different name and sold for cheaper since they've got less performance. (celerons are bad pentuims given a different name too).

that's the reason i wouldn't suggest one if you were wondering.

What's wrong with a socket A sempron? What're we doing with the system? These machines are highly capapble and overzelous for people doing nothing but internet and office applications.

Ryan

um, maybe becasue this is the high performance fourm, so naturally in here were gonna sugest high(er) standerds than the general pc upgrading fourm. i have nothing personal against the socket a, and 754, but you can get way more preformance for less buck with a 939(higher fsb, faster processors), and also hes just looking, but yea if ur building, we'll help ya(personally id say a biostar mobo, amd am2 atlon x2 4400+, xfx geforce 7600gt, 2 250gb wd's in raid 0, watercooling)

yeah i guess you're right and he'd probably not need anything better since he's looking at old cpu's. if he wanted the cpu for something else he'd probably look for something new.

but it'd still suggest the other two...that's my input. though the semperon would be fine if all you're using is internet and word processing type stuff. otherwise invest in something newer and faster like a socket 939 Athlon 64 cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom