Hows this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
massacreinfallx said:
dont know if your right or wrong but..

10% is well worth 70 bucks to aot of people.

the difference between e-6300 and e6600 is way more than 70 bucks.... and have you not read reviews on the conroe??? the e6300 is better than your 4200 and 4400's ... so why not?? and they can easily hit 2.8 ghz and match if not outdo the extreme edition

you can find the e6300 retail on www.outpost.com for 219 with free shipping

NosBoost300 said:
the difference between e-6300 and e6600 is way more than 70 bucks.... and have you not read reviews on the conroe??? the e6300 is better than your 4200 and 4400's ... so why not?? and they can easily hit 2.8 ghz and match if not outdo the extreme edition

you can find the e6300 retail on www.outpost.com for 219 with free shipping

i was not the one who initially said that. i was just replying to the linkin park fanatic above me. I know that the diffrence betwene the e6600 and e6300 is alot. believe me i was so close to buying one. i know they knock the **** out of everything else right now, but i dont think anybody needs that much processing power as of yet. and by the time we do the next gen amd cpu will be available. So i decided to wait for amd, i never did like intel.

aliasaid said:
lol.. why infamous?
why infamous?

have you not seen all the hype thats followed the core 2 duo?

you have to admit it is a great processor. and everybody is talking about it. search conroe on the forums and youll get a million posts.
thats why its infamous. its just sad that the e6300 isnt really a conroe.

because alot of people think the core 2 duo IS the conroe, and vice versa

well.. i'm not having high hopes for amd yet.... its a bit too soon, not enough information has been realised.. if more info comes out and it convinces me not to buy my conroe then i'll consider.... but so far.. it seems as if there's nothing

NosBoost300 said:
well.. i'm not having high hopes for amd yet.... its a bit too soon, not enough information has been realised.. if more info comes out and it convinces me not to buy my conroe then i'll consider.... but so far.. it seems as if there's nothing
theres nothing much YET.

you have an x1900xt in your system so im assuming you have a pretty high end computer. with that in mind what your running now is probably enough, why upgrade now? im saying by the time you need to upgrade amd will have their cpus out and i have faith in amd to make a better processor then intel. they have in the past and they can again. and if not, atleast match the conroes performance. and atleast ill feel good about the company i chose to be loyal to.

massacreinfallx said:
theres nothing much YET.

you have an x1900xt in your system so im assuming you have a pretty high end computer. with that in mind what your running now is probably enough, why upgrade now? im saying by the time you need to upgrade amd will have their cpus out and i have faith in amd to make a better processor then intel. they have in the past and they can again. and if not, atleast match the conroes performance. and atleast ill feel good about the company i chose to be loyal to.

i am an amd fanboy no doubt, but i go where the performance is.. amd will always be my favorite underdog, but what concerns me with the k8l is the prices.... will they compete with intel prices?? because conroe is pretty cheap for what it does... and ddr3 ram possible xd i've heard.. i can't find that being cheap in anyway... thats all incredibly new technology.. i can't think of prices being cheap at all

and as for high end system... my 3800x2 ruins it all!!!! though it runs 2.4 ghz... gonna try for 2.6 again.. but it keeps crapping out no matter what the voltage... i think i just got a terrible stepping...

NosBoost300 said:
i am an amd fanboy no doubt, but i go where the performance is.. amd will always be my favorite underdog, but what concerns me with the k8l is the prices.... will they compete with intel prices?? because conroe is pretty cheap for what it does... and ddr3 ram possible xd i've heard.. i can't find that being cheap in anyway... thats all incredibly new technology.. i can't think of prices being cheap at all

and as for high end system... my 3800x2 ruins it all!!!! though it runs 2.4 ghz... gonna try for 2.6 again.. but it keeps crapping out no matter what the voltage... i think i just got a terrible stepping...

yeah, well i think theyre smart enough to make their prices atleast somwhat competitive with the conroe. they know that if its incredibly expensive eveybody will just run out and get a conroe. as for me ill wait and see what amd has coming, and if it sucks then ill just go get a conroe. by then the prices on conroes will be lower and there will be way more motherboatd selection.

massacreinfallx said:
yeah, well i think theyre smart enough to make their prices atleast somwhat competitive with the conroe. they know that if its incredibly expensive eveybody will just run out and get a conroe. as for me ill wait and see what amd has coming, and if it sucks then ill just go get a conroe. by then the prices on conroes will be lower and there will be way more motherboatd selection.

well... lets hope so.. i'll give it a month and a half, maybe 2 months... if not enough is released.. its conroe for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom