core 2 duo vs athon 64 x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
I haven't seen much about the core duo, and was planning on buildingmy next pc with an AMD dual core. But im seeing it around a lot lately, and I want to make a decision soon on which processor to buy, because yo have to build everything else around your proccesor. So lets get some discussion in, i want to hear from someone who hopefully own a C2D.

Well, What you buy REALLY Depends on your Budget, If you have enough money then theres no reason not to go with the New intel processors but if your on a tighter budget then you may want to take advantage of AMD's current Price Drop.

Just a small thought.

In gaming there really isn't much of a difference. You would only notice a difference in very CPU intensive programs. You most likely wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the 2 systems with just internet browsing and stuff.

most people have gone Conroe crazy. It's the better performer at the moment. I think I'd get myself an AM2 setup, though. The upgrade path is there too. It'll be ready for AM3 cpu's, and K8L. Then, down the road, you can swap in an AM3 motherboard/ DDR3 ram. I like what AMD is doing, especially for the prices they have.

Ryan

....Of course it's a duh, if the guy has that money. But if not then it's not a duh, -_-

ya.. with amd's prices its a sure winner... but if you want the sure performer.. and e6300 for 219 dollars on outpost.com sounds very good as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom