amd k6-2 on xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

madwomen

Baseband Member
hi i'm not sure i'm in the right place but i have just put xp on my old computer which is a amd k6-2 with 3d now and would like to update all the drivers but can't seen to find any? mainly for the graphics side as my sons games dont seem to be working really well ?as far as i now there is no video card it just runs of the board with a BLADE 3D/MVP4 not to sure about all this technical stuff anyone that knows what i am talking about please help :)

get the chipset from the motherboard maker. also onboard video isnt good for gaming so you will have to invest in a graphics card? is the motherboard AGP or PCI-e?

its pci an d what do you mean by the manufactuers chipset?it doesnt need to be really great just so he can play some of the older games

all it has is a number up4-686

it also has award modular bios v4.60pgma which i have already looked for but cant find

"I hope your son has DSL.... 0_o...."

Here are the drivers for your video card, I used to have the card itself, but not the type of video that was built into the motherboard. :/

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=87472

^I think those are the drivers for both the on-board graphics, and the actual seprate video card.^

I've had plenty of old video cards and on-board video, and i've never ran into an instance when i needed seperate drivers. Even the on-board graphics i have now uses the same drivers as the PCI-e version of the same video card. :cool:

you need to find the maker then download the chipset off of their site and what games is he playing?

usually just stuff on mag disks nothing flash but its my old one which used to have 98se on it but i put a bigger hard drive in ( cause he listens to alot of music) and put xp on it and my old drver disk only go to 2000 so i thiught i would put the best drivers for it on there but i cant find any?

"Soldier of fortune will b pwnage...."

.........Um..... I wouldn't imagine it would be all that necissary to download chipset drivers for such an old piece of hardware that uses an AMD-K6-2 3DNOW processor.

All chipsets were practicaly the same back then. There was no need to update chipset drivers the way it is now, so the Chipset drivers were already came witrh windows XP more than likely.

You don't need drivers for a bios. ;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom