Operation: Build Gaming PC Under 230$...CAN IT BE DONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M733mhz said:
Why are people still doubting it? Ofcourse it can be done, People have already listed parts for under $230 in this thread.

ok, lets get something straight, YES you can build a computer for any price, but not a gaming computer, not one you expect to play most new games on medium to high settings.

People think of gamming computers to be high end, therefore if you want a very very very very very low end computer that is exactly what you will get for 230.

If you want a REAL REAL REAL gamming computer you will invest AT LEAST 1200+ $.

Done, end, No more! You get what you pay for.
if you only want to spend 230$ on what You "think" is a gamming computer, then thats fine. Just don't be dissapointed.

stevedub said:
I think one main question is what games do you plan on playing? If you want to play really graphic intense games, then you will have to spend, at the bare minimum, at least $500. You will still have a rather slow machine. I would suggest on saving up a little bit more cash and get a decent PCI-E board with a decent video card. AMD processors have really come down in price since the dual core war began.

Lies, I was just about to order an eVGA 7900GT off newegg with the checkout price of about 280 and with 20 dollars mail in rebate :/

A whole gaming computer for 230? Lol, don't even bother, thats not even a gaming computer, buy a Dell.

It depends... if by gaming, he means solitaire (i've gotten into some INTENSE games of solitaire in my day, lol), mine sweeper, and freecell, than yes, it could be done.

well we did it with a x850xt.. and that thing can play hl2 and games like it on max, and it'll play all newer games on lower settings comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom