External Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
no your not doing anything wrong i actually dealed with a case just like yours and we never figured it out however mabey some of the things i suggested to him will work for you let me find the post. ill get back with you.

jcortes said:
ok here it is read through each page and try each suggestion along the way :) good luck. you can also skip to the last page and it should have a link to cnet.com forums where people have some solutions.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117070&highlight=external

eh, i tried it. are there websites to drivers that i can download to recognize the drive? Iam really stummped and kinda dissapointed if i just wasted my money - -;

no a mass sotorage device like that doesnt need drivers. have you tried all the solutions on the CNET link.

upon checking in with c-net. it seems that alot of people are using the maxtor external drive. i just got the enclosure 4 hours ago and everything plugged in perfectly. the drive is running and working. and so far every box on the TWEAK GUI is checked, all the way down to Z. still nothing.
[/Edit]

After a system retore, i plugged the device in via my usb once more. powered it on and xp recognized it, said the unit was installed and ready to use but i still have no drive to select. answers possibly?

also try taking the hard drive out of the enclosure and putting the drive inside and format it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom