Quick Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
Okay, i have a 530J, and i want it cooler. So i buy a aftermarket cooler. i gotr a rosewil Z2 for socket T. Now, of course, my CPU has thermal grease, the stock. this fan has thermal wax or something already on it
(http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2774/dsc00616jb5.jpg). Now, my question is, can i keep my thermal grease on my cpu, or do i have to remove it, and what can i use, i dont have the stuff artic silver released to remove it. i need home appliances (finger nail remover,ect.).
thanks

hmm, you can use either or....ir you're lucky and can read around the net for the types of grease/wax that is already used you can gauge which is better....

I'm going to guess that there is a white one and the grey/gray silver one? I'd go with silver :D

oh and you could try to scrape off whats alread there, depending on what you choose

Nevermind! THANK YOU GOD for not having me to spend another 150 ona cpu. its working now, but the gap between the cpu and HSF is too big, i even tried brute force, but no dice. the connectors to hold it are weird, there not screws, just little plastc thingies with something that looks like a metal nail inside it to hold it in place, so im just using my orginal HSF, wich sucks :( and i put the artic silver 5 on good, its smeared on both HSF, so if i want to switch, ill have good thermal paste on it.

when using paste, it's best to use a bare amount...

If you've got 2 layers of the stuff you may be increasing heat...I think the stuff that comes already on cpus or hsfs are thermal pads...a bit thicker than the paste we would put on ourselves.

Now...this is just info, NOT advice...but MAYBE you should get some carburator spray cleaner to get rid of the "build up" and apply a fresh thin layer...

only info...I take no responsibility for any future mishaps :D

speaking of the gap, can you take a pic and poste so I can see what ya got? I thought you were going to get the scythe?

hmm

Ok, not needing your own pic for now...I'm going to make a guess and say/ask, those black and white hsf mounts....they turn as well as go up and down. Manuals for these things tend to be spotty....did you turn them and then push them down?

should be arrows to show you which direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom