Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D2OSM

Solid State Member
Hello,
So Im the admin on this computer, there is no other users on this computer, when i turn my computer on it goes right to the desktop.. and i checked my users .. it says im the ADMIN of the whole ocmputr.. so ya,,

well here is the problem..

i bought this program. installed it, but before it installs like 98% done it says ERROR, please make sure you are logged in as admistraiton then reinstall this program..

well im the admin..

what the F*** is wrong with the computer? what can I do to fix this problem? in a NOOBIE way. notihng to complex ahah

thank you very much for ur time!

you could try installing it in safe mode.........................just a thought, because i'm the admin of my computer and only 2 accounts show up (mine and another on i dont use) but in safe mode theres three, mine, the other one, and administrator. I'm not sure if this means anything but its worth a shot id say, no prob in trying.

ya its f8 on mine, when you restart your computer just press f8 repeatedly until you get a list of choices like safemode and safemode with networking etc. but it could be a different button on yours like ATIRAGEPRO said

hey,
Well i did F8, and it brought up something, but ti says, BOOT drive from: then list my drive, and floppy drive, and some other werid drives.. but no safe mod.... any other buttons?

"OMG ur comp is F0r3!ng..."

Ooook........ F4? F5??? F6???? F7? F1??

Maybe you could try F1-thru-f12 or something like that :p :confused: :cool:

esc. delete (although thats bios on my mobo) f7. Theres a fail safe way to get this screen to come up by default.....LOL.......i wouldnt exactly say its good on your computer though. Anyways just boot up your computer and when it gets to the windows loading screen )where the loading bar is going by and it says xp) just hold down your power button so your computer turns off without loading xp all the way. then just turn it back on and it will automatically go to that menu. This isnt the reccomended way to do it though..lol..but it will work

Hello,

(Assuming you have XP) What edition of Windows XP do you have...Professional or Home?

Some programs require that they be installed, and sometimes even run, in the system Administrator account. Not on an Administrator account, but the System Administrator account.

Windows XP has a system administrator account which is not visible to the user, in normal mode. This is why when you boot into safe mode, an extra administrator account appears, named Administrator as well as your own other personal accounts with administrator privelages. This is the system administrator account, above all other accounts.

This system administrator account in Windows XP is equivalent to the Root account in Linux distributions. When performing software installations and system wide changes in Linux, the user is prompted to authenticate by typing the password to this Root account. However, this Root account is not used (and shouldn't) be used as a normal day to day user account. Much the same way as the system administrator account in XP is not used, and is hidden purposely.

In Windows XP Home, you can only access this Administrator account by booting into Safe Mode. The account will appear at the top of the welcome screen. If fast user switching is disabled and you're presented with a classic w2k login dialogue, then simply type Administrator and the password if one has been specified (usually the password for this account is specified in the installation procedure of Windows XP).

In Windows XP Professional, you can access this Administrator account in normal mode. You don't have to boot into Safe Mode. However, this Administrator account doesn't appear in the welcome screen, so in order to gain access to the account in normal mode, you need to either disable fast user switching to bring up the classic w2k login dialogue box, or alternatively when logged out of all user accounts and in the welcome screen, press CTRL + ALT + DEL to bring up the classic login box. Once it appears, you can then type the account name Administrator manually and the corresponding password.

If in normal mode and safe mode, XP logs into a user account automatically, then you'll need to log out of that user account, and log into the administrator account.

Once logged into the system administrator account, try installing the program again.

okay this is werid..
i went in safe mod, found the hidden adminstration,
while i was in that, and safe mode, i went and tried to install that one program on everyones username.. same error, make sure ur in as adminstration, and reinstall this program.. the thing is.. i was in the computer adminstration........

wtf??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom