Bios Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixeruper

Beta member
I have an H P L1100 multimedia machine that wont boot. Shows power lights on hard drive but does not spin and monitor is black. Put good monitor on and same thing. Removed memory and same thing.
I am hoping that if someone can tell me what key to press during startup so I could get into the bios. I doubt it but worth a try. I also want to know what it means that a machine wont post. I hear no beeps or anything. Also put good hard drive in and still same thing.

you wont be able to get into the bios if the screen isnt showing i would check the graphics card first also see if it runs on AC power with the laptop plugged in.

EDIT: POST is like a self diagnostics that the system tells each peace of hardware to check itself and "post" if there are any errors. this program is stored in the ROM. little insite for you ;)

Have you tried resetting the cmos? Afterwards, unplug everything from the board(besides the mobo speaker), do you hear a beep(that shows the motherboard is posting).

And you said this was a HP, have you tried calling them for help? Maybe it is a commen problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom