Plan to Buy 42" LCD TV (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Hey cool, I didn't know they had those Sceptre's at Costco. Might just go have a look.

I wouldn't get an HDTV that didn't have a resolution of 1920x1080, because whats the point? An HDTV that's expensive, and doesn't even support the best quality HDTV signals? Thats BS if you ask me. :mad:

You could order it online?

Atlist that what I plan to do.. if I will get that Sceptre

that sceptre has 1080p, thats what i'd go with, play with what is so far the best out there.. or if you want monstrous resolutions higher than that hd... you could always get the dell 30 inch for like 1600 on ebay!!

NosBoost300 said:
that sceptre has 1080p, thats what i'd go with, play with what is so far the best out there.. or if you want monstrous resolutions higher than that hd... you could always get the dell 30 inch for like 1600 on ebay!!

lol one time I saw one for 3 dollars. I didnt order it sadly :(

But I think it was one of those coupons and not the acctual monitor.

lol, I would buy any TV for 3 dollars... :p

@ Kdar: You can order it online, but you need to go to a Costco store to get a membership, its like $30 a year, totally worth it, IMO. I buy stuff at Costco all the time :)

The General said:
lol, I would buy any TV for 3 dollars... :p

@ Kdar: You can order it online, but you need to go to a Costco store to get a membership, its like $30 a year, totally worth it, IMO. I buy stuff at Costco all the time :)

Yea.. I know.. I have it.. :)

That where I got my 37" LCD like 5 month ago.. and now I thinking to return it and get some thing better.

you definitely want the 1080p. DO NOT GET A 720p/1080i, IT IS NOT THE SAME AS 1080p!!!!!
1080p is true High Def

Scepter is alright... this really isn't the place to be asking about HDTVs though. You will get what you pay for, or rather what you may not really know, if you just go the cheap route. Go into some stores and look for yourself. Check reviews of those who own them. Be careful though because there are many people out there that think they are getting a good panel and will recommend them to you - such as the Ben Q monitors. Sure they are cheap and look good. But look for the detail. You will see color banding and upon further research find out that they use 6-bit inferior panels.

However, beyond all that ...if it looks good to you and is priced in your range, why wouldn't you buy it.

I tell you all this because I am an audio/video-phile and always make sure I am getting the best for the money.

And in terms of resolution. You may never know the difference b/w 720p and 1080p because of the source. You may even save youself some money on a 720p panel, since there is such a craze for 1080p/i right now. Despite that, 1080p is still in its infancy. Initial panels will have some bugs while the 720p have been out for a while. Lots to consider.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom