Please Help Me (power Supply)

Status
Not open for further replies.

v930

In Runtime
I currently have a Dimension 9150 with a power supply of 375w and bought a new Radeon® X1900 GT 256MB PCI Express
recomemded by dell themselves. Come to find out now that the graphics card came in that it requires a 400w power supply while mine only has 375w. So I call dell and ask them if there is a mistake here and they come to tell me that the graphics card is not compatible with my Dimension 9150. My question is is there a way that dell can upgrade or I can upgrade my power supply to 400w or more? Or am I going to have to get another graphics cards? If so could someone tell me some real good graphics cards in my specs? Please I need urgent assitance here.

I have everything upgraded to the fullest but the memory card. Just look at the customizbles available in the link above just click the Dimension 9150 Link. I got everything but the graphics card. I currently have the factory Radeon x300 128mb card.

the link is dead...i can pull up your specs in dell...w/ your svctag or svc code located on a white sticker on the system tower

King X13 said:
25 watts shouldnt really matter, have you tried to run the card?

nope not yet. Kinda scared that I may harm my pc. This is an awesome graphics card. I really wanna use it but relaly dont want to mess up my pc. The graphics card has its own power cord to the power supply. Any one know what could happen if its 25w under?

there is nothing needed from his service tag, it comes with a pci express card no matter what and his power suppy is 375 watt. no other info is needed his mobo can handle pci express since it comes with one, he gave his model number that is good enough.

this is the default power settings:
DC power supply:
Wattage 375 W
Heat dissipation 1280 BTU/hr
Voltage 90 to 135 V and 180 to 265 V at 50/60 Hz
Backup battery 3 V CR2032 Lithium coin cell
--the most obvious of problems that could occur is you could short out your cmos...

yeah nothing, at work the dell power supplys are even under what intel suggest for a psu watt. the worst case is your computer wont boot cuz there isnt enough power, other was no harm can come and personally i think it shouldl work anyways its not that big of a difference.

well I just called ATI themselves and they said that its compatible and 25w isnt that much of a difference as long as I dont have alot of other stuff on it.

This is what I currently have on my pc:

1x 320bg hard drive @ 7200RPM

4x 1 gig ram sticks

2x Dvd Drives

All-In-One Media card reader (for digital camera cards and all) with a 3.5in floppy.

Thats basically it. So should I go ahead and run the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom