Corrupted files on other harddrive after reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eg37se

Baseband Member
I had to reformat my computer a number of times when I toyed around with trying having a Dual OS with Ubuntu linux. Anyways after reformating 3-4 times I decided to just go windows. When I reinstalled windows however some of the files on my second harddrive that did not get reformatted or anything had some errors in it: Mp3s that wouldn't play, .iso files that wouldn't work, etc. Can anyone give me some incite as to what might have happened and also how to fix it possibly. Thanks.

do you want to recover those files or just format the drive like you wanted to do in the first place?

Well I'd like to recover them and figure out what happened. Like this happened on my second harddrive that I store all my music/files on. It wasn't the one I put windows on or reformated so I was surpised to find out that some of the files owuld be corrupted.

its always a good idea to unplug any other hard drives when formatting but its a little late for that since the files are corrupt i dont think you can recover them however if you had deleted them that would be another story.

you boot from the cd and select the recover files option. it show me a bunch of useless temp files when it was done, but when I went back to the original corrupted delete folder, all of the files were there.

Is it possible that the reason things are screwing up is because the new SP1 and 2 are not installed. I know windows didn't support harddrives over liek 80 gb until you isntalled those. While it reads the disk as a 190 gb hdrive is it possible that the reaosn some of the files aren't working properly is because my current windows is not supporting an hdrive that big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom