help, got a case need fillings

Status
Not open for further replies.
the parts recommended are all good. rocky's build is good but he has a really expensive power supply, there's really no need for it.. the antec truepower 2.0 550watts is 80 bucks and more than enough. the video card theshonen recommended is good.

if you do have enough money for a raptor it won't hurt... but generally you can get better performance from upgrading other parts...

Yep, it's hard and dangerous if you have absolutly no clue what you're doing. If you study up and be real careful, it'll be all worth it. So if you're new to computer building, don't try it yet. If you're pretty experienced, it would be a nice thing to learn.

The Antec Truepower is a legendary PSU for being high end and affordable but if you want the cable sleeving and a little bit more of a kick go with the Enermax.

Raptor is only for people who hate loading times. I really hated having my slow *** computer struggle with booting photoshop and half life 2 so I got the raptor and cut down my times in half. You should probably try a WD or seagate 200 gb sata first then get a raptor if you feel it isn't fast enough.

I figured you wouldn't want to mess with GPU overclocking so I found one that was already overclock ^^

I've had too many cheap powersupplies crap out on me, I'm not gonna let that happen again. I've owned another high-end PSU which was a Hiper Type-R but I gave that to my mom's friend because I can't use modular PSUs in my case.

My friend, Aspire.Comptech has this in his rig, he knows what he's doing with his computers, so I trust his suggestion!

I am planning on using this PSU in a future watercooling project with much higher end parts near the end of the year, it's a personal thing, for a build like mine, a 70 dollar PSU will do just fine.

Also the reason why I chose the S12 600W over the 500W is because theres only a 10 dollar difference after rebates.

Midnight said:
...can't find "Thread Tools" and want to bookmark this. Sorry to interrupt.

i know my sugar and spice comment was witty, but bookmark?! ::blush:: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom