Building a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't exactly mean $100 just around there, you can get PCI 7600GTs 256mb for $125, and so the 2GB is necessary? Because I can play every steam game right now and i only have 1GB. The computers at the lan center seem to be good too, but they only have 1GB?

I just want to make sure that everyone knows I'll only be playing Steam, Blizzard, and Battlefield games.

BF2 uses 1.4 GB of ram On high settings.

If you choose that video card you will have high settings therefore you will require 2 Gigs of ram.

You didnt need 2 gigs of ram at the lan place becuase that 6600 Played it on medium and didnt require 2Gigs of ram.

There are PCI-Express versions of 7600gt for $125 out right now?
Those things cost $160 dude.

I'd prefer gaming on a 2 gb system.
Yeah the guy above explained it pretty well.

@jcortes: That P4 was good for 2 years...

...2 years ago.

Lord AnthraX said:
BF2 uses 1.4 GB of ram On high settings.

If you choose that video card you will have high settings therefore you will require 2 Gigs of ram.

You didnt need 2 gigs of ram at the lan place becuase that 6600 Played it on medium and didnt require 2Gigs of ram.

wrong and wrong, 2 gigs and a 7900 GT will last a long time also BF2 does not take 1.4 gigs of ram when playing on high i run my setting all on high and it uses only 800 megs of RAM. every time i minimize it and look at task manager it never goes over 850 i dont know where you came up with that.

jcortes said:
wrong and wrong, 2 gigs and a 7900 GT will last a long time also BF2 does not take 1.4 gigs of ram when playing on high i run my setting all on high and it uses only 800 megs of RAM. every time i minimize it and look at task manager it never goes over 850 i dont know where you came up with that.

Don't tell me Im wrong.

BF2 is the Ultimate Ram Whore. I know it and so does evreyone else.

2 gigs and 7900 GT will NOT last a long time. With The R600 and G80 coming soon that card will cry when you want to run crysis on it in DX9 mode maxed out. The 2 gigs will be fine but to the 7900 GT 2 years on all high settings is like saying a PCI FX5500 can run doom 3 on Ultra High. Its just Not happening.

When you minimize it and look at task manage it obviously drops to 850. Same thing with a GPU temp. It drops becuase your not "in" the program

When I play BF2 all High 64 Man server according to my G15 im using 1.2 to 1.3 GB becuase its not minimized.

Owned...
Anywho, 2 gb is a natural standard for most people with gaming computers at this moment. I wouldn't be suprised if the stardard was kicked up to 4 gbs after Vista is released.

You can work with 1 gb...but you'll be running BF2 slower.

Lord AnthraX said:
Don't tell me Im wrong.

2 gigs and 7900 GT will NOT last a long time. With The R600 and G80 coming soon that card will cry when you want to run crysis on it in DX9 mode maxed out. The 2 gigs will be fine but to the 7900 GT 2 years on all high settings is like saying a PCI FX5500 can run doom 3 on Ultra High. Its just Not happening.

When you minimize it and look at task manage it obviously drops to 850. Same thing with a GPU temp. It drops becuase your not "in" the program

When I play BF2 all High 64 Man server according to my G15 im using 1.2 to 1.3 GB becuase its not minimized.

haha you are wrong i set my preformance monitor and even while in game it doesnt go above 850 i only got 1 spike of 930. why dont you show me some data to back up the 1.4 gb theory which is not true. as for your theory of the 7900 gt not playing the new games like crysis i can laugh at you because you have no evidence to back that up and i do i went to E3 and played crysis on a machine running 7900gt and it played fine so dont you insult my intelligence why dont you back your posts with fact.

Lord AnthraX said:
Don't tell me Im wrong.

haha you are wrong i set my preformance monitor and even while in game it doesnt go above 850 i only got 1 spike of 930. why dont you show me some data to back up the 1.4 gb theory which is not true. as for your theory of the 7900 gt not playing the new games like crysis i can laugh at you because you have no evidence to back that up and i do i went to E3 and played crysis on a machine running 7900gt and it played fine so dont you insult my intelligence why dont you back your posts with fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom