Safe Mode, not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremesT

Solid State Member
Hi, I am on Windows 2000, and am trying to run in Safe Mode, for NAV 2004, and whenever i try to, it starts loading up, and goes to the Windows is Starting up... and thats all.. i sat there for about 5 mins of that b4 i manual shut down my computer. I tried again, this time Safe Mode With Networking, and it worked fine and opend up quickly. I have some viruses that wont be deleted in regular mode, and and trying to use Safe mode, and in Safe mode with Networking, it didnt help with the delete. Any help with this problem would be Nice.. thanks

When you run your NAV 2k4, it detects the virus but can't delete it? There might be a seperate virus removal tool, if you search the symantec website, do a search on the virus name and you should find a tool to help you out.

A lot of the new worm virii cannot be removed by NAV2k4 so as stated above you will need to post which Virus you have so we can link you to the appropriate removal tool or give you instructions on how to fix it (via registry or whatever).

Names

Hey guys, thanks for your help so far, here are the file names, and the threat names for these virsuses Filenames= 3cP1Eu.exe cd_clint.dll, HijET.exe, silent.exe, and WinWildApp.exe. All of the Threat names are Adaware.statblaster , except for the cd_clint.dll which is Adaware.cydoor. Whenever i try to delete them, they say Delete Failed. Thanks again for your guys reponses.

they may ALL be spyware... try removal with a spyware program. Some of the harder to remove ones can only be done by unregistering the file, otherwise it will say that delete is denied or in use or some such. not sure what the files to look for, just do a search for them and you should find it.

Hi, I have Adaware 6, and Spybot to get rid of Spyware, but come up with nothing when i run the search. And i looked up info about the WinWildapp.exe, and found out that its a download.trojan. The instructions that i found said for me to just search for the file on my computer and delete it. I found it and deleted it without trouble. I dont know if it did much, but I hope so. Ive said this about 3 times now, but Again.. THank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom