Building a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksco100

Solid State Member
I'm building a computer and need some help, I just want to be able to play every game you'd see at a lan/internet cafe, which would be all the steam games, blizzard games, and battlefield...I was looking at the specs from a lan center and all it had was

Motherboard: ASUS A8V Socket 939
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200
RAM: 1 GB PC3200
Video: nVidia FX 6600

Is this really enough to run all those games? Or is this a little outdated? What would you suggest for a current system, that will last a couple years?

Thats a little outdated :)

Well the GPU is. The mobo and CPU are solid.

Basically a solid gaming system is

7600 GT and up

2 GB ram is great.

we can help build you the best system available but we need a max budget :D

Those are good but if you want it to last a couple years then you probably want to get the latest technology.

As he said above, BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET.

^^

Is 2GB really necessary? I mean 90% of the games on those computers have been around for a while i.e. battlefield, cs, warcraft, diable, etc. I want something that'll be good for 2 years, so upgrade to a 7600GT? 2GB really necessary for now/within 2 yeras?

try my system specs for ram and vidcard that will be good for about 2 years for any game on high settings. little expensive but its worth it i love my setup.

Oh, yea the CPU is ok? That was my main concern since it only runs at 2200mhz doesn't it?

I just wanna know if the 2GB is necessary to play current games, and maybe some new steam games or such for the next 1-2 years, same with the video card? I'm looking more for a $100 video card or under any suggestions? Also I probably wont be playing high powered games like Oblivion and Crysis when it comes out, more likely just steam and blizzard, battlefield games? So is the 2GB necessary, same with a really good video card?

Get a 7600 gt if you want an affordable card or if your system can't fit a 7900gt.

Yes, 2 gb will last you a long time.

Building a computer from scratch?

A strong combination would be Core 2 Duo, 2 gb DDR2 OCZ, 7900 gt

A budget but still really powerful would be AMD X2 3800 939, 2 gb DDR OCZ, 7600 gt

Lol...$100 video card won't give you crap...

Video card is the biggest catalyst for gaming so focus more on that.

Well, that and making sure you have 2 functional gbs of ram.

jcortes said:
try my system specs for ram and vidcard that will be good for about 2 years for any game on high settings. little expensive but its worth it i love my setup.

2 years on high settings?

Dream on bud. Try 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom