About to buy from newegg..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeri

Baseband Member
So yeah, this is my list of stuff that I'm about to buy from newegg.. tell me if anything seems wrong if you would. Oh yeah, I'm also needed to find a dvd-rom drive.. the second LG one I had chosen is out of stock and I can't wait til the 25th...

Case: APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-PLEASURE-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
$129.99

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
$94.99

PSU: Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail
$79.99

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800IAA5CU - Retail
$149.00

RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System
$219.00

HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JS 200GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
$74.99

VCard: BFG Tech BFGR79256GTOCSINE Geforce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
$280.99

Gaming Monitor: ViewSonic VX922 Black/Silver 19" 2ms LCD Monitor - Retail
$264.99

$89.99

Optical Drive 1: LG 16X DVD±R Super-Multi DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model GSA-H10N - OEM
$30.99

Total: $1,359.92 (After mail-in rebates.)

I only have one problem with Newegg. 15% restocking fee even if the part is DOA. You can find many other vendors on pricewatch that have the same or better prices, and never charge for replacements. They are probably the best people to deal with otherwise.

what? I think if somethin is screwed up you go through the manufacture and there warranty.

Newegg just wants you to think you have to go through them.

only thing is if your getting this pc for hardcore gaming then the 3800+ probally isnt the best cpu, but unless your doing some good multitasking and spending valueable time outside games, then its good. Just think about what you really wantthis pc to do well.

The Napster said:
only thing is if your getting this pc for hardcore gaming then the 3800+ probally isnt the best cpu, but unless your doing some good multitasking and spending valueable time outside games, then its good. Just think about what you really wantthis pc to do well.

Your kidding me right?

Just about any brand is decent. Sony, Pioneer, NEC are all good brands. but for the most part having two drives is not needed, as liong as you have a good burner... But it looks good, go forth and order. :)

no, im not kidding, dual cores do not handle games as well as single cores, and the lower end X2s especially wont handle them as well.
Like an oced X2 4400+ would match if not fall short of the proformance of a 64 3700+. But with his graphics card he shouldn't be able to tell that big of a difference. And on the other side single's dont handle regular apps like dual cores do, im not saying that he should switch cpus i am just saying if hes only wanting this pc for gaming he should lean more toward either i higher end X2 or a single. but thats just my opinion.

umm for 280 dollars instead of the vid card you got.. pitch in another 20 and get the 7900gt ko, its only 300 bucks now, has 512 mb, and comes 1.45 volts

and umm.. no don't go single core, i switched form an opteron 146 single core that was daily used at 2.8.. and this 3800x2 at 2.4 ghz owns that thing... games i have no noticed a difference.. 3dmark05 has went up... i don't see any downer of getting a lowend dual core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom